Sunday, November 28, 2004

back from the armpit

The dip was awesome. Under appreciated, but awesome. I can't say it rescued Thanksgiving from the dismal setting of the Custer Park Community Center, but it was tasty. I also lost the annual Trivial Pursuit game. Why do people insist on putting marshmallows on perfectly good sweet potatoes?

My niece, Lilly, was a definite highlight of the trip to Illinois. She was 2 in August, and this trip was the first time I had a chance to really see her talking. She clearly preferred me to Hugsband, which was awesome. "Come on, Aunt Rach. Let's play." She bit me on the arm once, but I think it was a love bite.

Comments:
Custer Park. Say no more. :-|

I'm glad your dip worked. My pumpkin pie never solidified. It was like a shake in a crust.
 
I was raised in a home where we demanded that marshmallows be put on the sweet potatos and wouldn't do it any other way. The trick is to lightly burn the top of the marshmallows though...no worry over carcinogens.

That aside, I had a lovely sweet potato dish this Thanksgiving that you might enjoy. I'll see if I can get the recipe from the chef.

P.S. I think it's funny that Lilly bit you :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?