Saturday, November 20, 2004

yuletide

I am getting sentimental about Christmas. I blame my swiftly approaching 30th birthday. As a grouchy, busy atheist, I never bothered with a tree or other decorations. This October we bought a fake tree- a hideous, gaudy fake one. I love it! It came with the lights already attached. Quel convenient. I started to decorate today, which definitely violates my mother's not-'til-mid-December rule. Then again, if I did things her way, I'd have everything dismantled, dusted, and repackaged for storage by 6pm on December 25. So far, I put on garland. Tonight, I plan to blast my Motown Christmas CD, make mulled cider & wine, and add the ornaments. I wish I had a million of those bird clips from Smith & Hawken. Wish? Did somebody say 'wish'? I like the idea of decorating the tree with woodland creatures or, at least, tacky approximations of them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?