Sunday, December 12, 2004

bookies

That's what we call the book club. We have a tradition of drinking mimosas at meetings, which I love. This month's book, Oranges Aren't the Only Fruit, kinda sucked. I am also trying to get an autism reading group started with doctoral students and faculty who are interested. Isn't that dorky? I started not one, but TWO reading groups this year!!

Interview tally: Boston, Chapel Hill, Cincinnati, and Nebraska (boo!) are scheduled.
Still waiting to hear from: Baltimore, New Haven, and Columbus. From what I hear, all 3 tend to wait until the last minute.

I was very social this weekend, sometimes under duress. I've grown accustomed to working most of the weekend, and rarely have more than one social engagement. I would have preferred to work, but it all turned out well! On Friday, we went to a brewery with people from work. Luckily, I like the people I work with and enjoyed myself. Saturday I attended a party for the Special Education Department. The Special Education students are great and predominately Turkish. The Turkish government is apparently starting a system for educating students with disabilities, and the government funds their study in exchange for selling their soul to the Turks. I was the token psychologist. Finally, today we had book club.

It was nice to have a break, but I have a lot to do. A manuscript of mine was accepted for publication on Friday, and I want to crank out the revisions tonight, as well as send out another. I guess that's not very funny. It makes me happy, though!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?