Tuesday, December 07, 2004

is it just me, or did today feel kinda infamous?

Some points for Nebraska (though I do not want to live there):
elk, wild ferrets, and whooping cranes

Some points against Nebraska:
it's Nebraska

This internship application process sucks. Sites are supposed to offer interviews by 12/15 at the absolute latest, so these next few days will be rife with e-mail and voicemail checking. I'm a pretty compulsive checker as it is. Despite the griping, I am excited to visit the sites and interview with well-known researchers and clinicians in my field.

Is it weird to dread Christmas gifts? Every year I end up with something with a name like 'true American country home apple pie potpourri' and then I have to try to seem un-bitchy and appreciative, neither of which is accurate. It's very fun to have my niece around, though. This year we bought her gifts that adhere to 2 central themes: cookie decorating and bath time. She loves animals, so I bought her animal cookie cutters and decorating supplies. For the bath, I bought reusable stickers that go on the walls of the tub, bath-friendly finger paint with tiny fingertip brushes, and tablets that make the bath water bright primary colors. I am a little nervous about the last item- seems like it could cause urinary tract cancer or something.


Comments:
The elk and ferrets add a couple of points to my personal "for Nebraska" tally too! Another positive aspect is that we both have the possibility of ending up there, which would be nice (although unlikely for us both). I keep thinking about corn though and other people have told me how great the Omaha steaks are (which I'd never heard of until a couple of weeks ago).
 
you don't even eat steak, do you?
 
Not really--that's why I think it's ironic that so many people are mentioning how great the Omaha Steaks are.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?