Monday, December 13, 2004

no Columbus

I got rejected!! Or, rather, my objectives were not aligned with those of that site. Thanks, JK! It's true- my objectives are not aligned with Ohio's. So screw them! The whole process is so odd. North Carolina, where I was offered an interview, is a much more competitive site. They receive over twice as many applications as Columbus.

Allegedly, it is very difficult to obtain a teaching position in Ohio. So, maybe this is all for the best for Hugsband and the lucky children of whatever state we settle in who get taught by him.

Did I mention that I am not crazy about the autism guy at Ohio anyway? I don't like his line of research. So there!

Comments:
This reminds me of the time my wifey invited me to be a part of her book club. When I declined she said something along the lines of, "Fine, we didn't want you anyway." Maybe not.
Anonymous
 
Well, I fully support JK's philosophy. The two sites that have turned me down (so far) were definitely not as aligned with my long-term goals as the sites that are a better fit. That only explains so much though....the people at Columbus (and at the sites that turned me down) are clearly fools!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?