Wednesday, December 01, 2004

owl-tastic

Tonight Hugsband and I saw a great horned owl right by our house!! We heard 2 others nearby but couldn't spot them. I thought about drawing a comic about it, and Hugsband said it wouldn't be very funny. I suggested drawing him pooping his pants in excitement. He found that much more entertaining. Toilet humor never fails with him.

When the owl swooped overhead, I could not believe how huge it was. Hopefully, it won't start picking off my feeder birds as they sleep. We went on an owl walk once, and the guide referred to great horned owls as the 'tigers of the skies'.

All of the Christmas lights are lit in downtown Bloomington. It's gorgeous! Pictures coming. I won't say they're coming soon. I am in the final rush of dissertation data collection and will finish next week. That's top priority these days.

Hugsband quote of the day: The next time we go to Urban Outfitters, I'm tryin' on those $140 jeans. And those suckers better fit like a dream.

p.s. He's not getting them as long as I am the bacon-bringer-homer.

Comments:
Wasn't it a tiger in the sky that took a mouse out of your hugsband's hand this summer? That's awesome that you saw the owls!! I'll quit flaunting the fact that my feeder is swarming with cardinals.

P.S. The Christmas lights ARE pretty! I wonder if a photo taken at night would do them justice or even come out. Clearly everyone needs to come to Bloomington to see what they are missing out on.
 
That was a screech owl. They're more like the housecats of the air. Great horned owls can take down a buffalo, probably.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?