Thursday, December 23, 2004

trop tard

Chicago -27 F. I am in a coffee shop near my mom's, and I can see other customers' breath when they speak.

Phew! What a week or so. Hugsband's party went well. There was an over-abundance of cheese, but no one complained. I coerced everyone into a fun game of what some folks call "Celebrity" and what I call "the name in the hat game". The highlight was when my dad, trying to guess Frank McCourt to Hugsband's clue of 'this is guy wrote Angela's Ashes and his last name sounds like a basketball field'(which is funny in itself), yelled "Frank McBalls!!!"

Last night we gorged at Fogo de Chao. It's one of those Gaucho places where waitstaff circulate with swords full of meat. Even as a vegetarian, I was overwhelmed by the mounds of food. It was ridiculous. Very tasty, but silly. Hugsband and the other meateaters thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I still don't believe it's Brazilian. It felt very Texan.

Tonight we're going to TRU, which will be the highlight of our post-Trotter's dining experiences. Our meal is a graduation gift for Hugsband from my mom.

p.s. Chicago has very few wireless places, and many people seem pretty uninformed on the topic. I even asked a comic store nerd at Chicago Comics, and he thought I meant cell phone. I didn't realize that Indiana is so technology forward.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?