Tuesday, January 18, 2005

yoo-hoo

once I went up to simon and tried to kiss the top of his head. when I leaned in, he bit my lip hard. I yelped and left the room. a few seconds later, when he started to feel guilty, he said, "Yoo-hoo! I love you." people don't say "yoo-hoo" enough. I really like the sound of it.

I sent, like, 500 thank you cards this month. internship interview etiquette dictates that candidates send a thank you to each person with whom they interview. that averages to about 6-8 per site. isn't that ridiculous? I also sent notes to the families and teachers who participated in my dissertation research. by the end, I was copying the same trite lines into each card. "Yoo-hoo, [insert faculty's name here], your site is totally rad. please pick me. are you gonna? if so, check this box and give it back to me. love, rachel"

Hugsband and I had a book swap this week. we both read "watership down" and "three junes". if you love "watership down", maybe don't see the cartoon. it was mediocre and many of the best parts of the book were left out entirely.

Comments:
OMG, your thank you cards are so junior high.
 
OMG indeed, Rachel. OMG indeed.
Love, Hugsband
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?