Wednesday, February 23, 2005

and the days stretch on

I am waiting for monday, when I will receive my internship placement. until then, I am trying to stay very busy. time has ground to a stop.

luckily, Hugsband and I have a lot of catching up on popular culture to do. (hence, the hours of tv watching that lead to that last post.) poverty, a demanding schedule, and a scarcity of film offerings in Bloomington have left us out of the loop. my coursework, my qualifying exams, and most of my dissertation are finished, and it's time to rejoin our fellow entertainment consumers. I am now reading novels that are already in paperback and watching films that are on video. for example, the last book we both read was 'life of pi', which I think came out in 2002. last night we watched 'the bourne identity'. we may be caught up by late summer- right when schedules will pick up again. it feels weird and a little guilt-provoking to spend so much time not working, but I think I can eventually get used to it.

so, until monday, I will immerse myself in dissertation writing, novel reading, film watching, bird watching, exercise, coffee drinking, pet cuddling, Hugsband loving, and anything else that will keep me from counting the minutes.

Comments:
I don't know about you, Rachel, but I'm starting to get kind of twitchy. I told Jeff about my mini-obsession with the subject line issue and our co-generated anxiety about the quarantine system. While he had a good laugh at our expense, I am trying very hard to stay sane. Ommmmmmmm.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?