Friday, February 04, 2005

corrector

Hugsband got a spam today, the subject of which was "ROLEX- IT'S TIME YOU GOT ONE, CHUBBY".

his not-so-secret identity as the Corrector resurfaced today. apparently, I say "ast" for ask. He rid me of "woof" for wolf and "instid" for instead. for such a good natured man, he's a big word jerk. that's a lot of flack from a guy who brushes his teeth twice a week. when I first got to college, I said "tin" for ten and "pin" for pen. luckily, I didn't pick up Mom's "warsh" or Gram's "pneumonney". you'd think I grew up in the sticks the way we talk.

also, anyone who wants a shot-out in my dissertation acknowledgements better start kissing up now.

Comments:
"the Corrector"?
how about "The Corrector"?
you wouldn't say "the Penguin" or "the Life Aquatic...", would you?
damn straight!
in friendship,
The Corrector
 
Hi Rachel! Thanks for finding my blog. What is your dissertation work in? From what I've read of your blog, it sounds social science related. I'm glad I've now found your blog. It's really comforting to read about someone else going through all of this.
 
Elizabeth,
my dissertation is on an intervention to increase the number of social initiations children with autism make to their peers, at the same time measuring stereotypic behavior to see if it decreases as social interaction increases. happily, it did.

you were on the money with the social sciece guess! I defend on May 13. I bookmarked your site and am interested to keep up with your exploits too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?