Friday, February 18, 2005

pas de yogi

I have enough trouble paying attention in yoga and staying in the moment. I tend to think of what I need to do and to make mental lists. so, when a juvenile cooper's hawk caught a pigeon and dismembered it right outside the giant skylight/window in the yoga studio this morning, I was quite distracted. By the end of class, when I walked over to get a closer look, the hawk had only one the pigeon's claws and part of a leg in his talons. it's not like yoga class is in BFE or anything either- it's right in the middle of downtown bloomington (which, I suppose, is BFE to people living in one of those cities that fancies itself to be the center of the universe). if only there were some way to attract hawks to my back porch without sacrificing the little guys who eat every meal there.


p.s. this is what an immature cooper's hawk looks like. (I didn't take this picture; I stole it from Cornell's website.) Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?