Monday, April 18, 2005

get in your pig hole


father-son
Originally uploaded by loftindupuis.
I captured this father-son image this weekend when Hugsband's parents came to visit. you know how income is positively correlated with education? well, that rule doesn't apply to me. that's our 1991 chevy that they're trying to fix. the more I learn, the less I make and the older my cars get.

with the in-laws, we did a lot of outdoorsy things. we went to the farmer's market, played baseball with our 'little brothers', and saw 2 shitty movies at the drive-in. I also cooked my butt off. I made a full brunch and dinner, with both meat and vegetarian entrees. it's nice to spend time doing non-work and dissertation related activities.

Hugsband's mom told us a scary story about a bar fight in which she was punched in the face by a man. my father-in-law broke a guy's arm in the tussle. another time, they were at a concert at soldier field (amazingly, still called simply 'soldier field') when a woman was hit in the face with an M-80 that blew off her ear. literally. she was seated right behind them.

it got me thinking- none of my stories end in blood and violence. they're all like 'and then the whistle pig ran back in his pig hole and I didn't catch it.'

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?