Thursday, April 14, 2005

this one goes out to Neal


twins
Originally uploaded by loftindupuis.
I am removing files from our old I-Mac in preparation for giving it to my brother. in doing so I found this picture, which is about 5 years old. our wacky neighbor, Neal, the 35-year old perpetual teenage surfer, showed up at our apartment one sunday night wearing the same pajamas as Hugsband. they have polar bears on them. Hugsband's were a gift from my mom. when Neal first saw them, he was very enthuiastic and shouted, "dude!" or something along those lines. even after the exclamation, we were still surprised when he showed up in a matching outfit the very next week. Neal didn't own a microwave, but he did have his own stash of microwave popcorn which he made at our house. his visits became significantly less entertaining when he quit drinking and quit falling down the stairwell on his way back to his apartment. after 4 years as neighbors, I don't think he knew my name, and when I would answer the door he would not greet me. instead he would say, 'is he here?'

Comments:
matching pajamas? that is the funniest story ever!
 
Ah, Neal. He was one of a kind.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?