Tuesday, May 24, 2005

connecticutian pAAAAAAAAHnts

I started off the day at the gym. I worked out, took a shower, and planned to get dressed and head to work. Kara was getting ready at the gym at the same time I was, and she had to borrow my soap. we laughed about how much it sucks to forget socks or shampoo or other items and then my laughter abruptly stopped. it dawned on me that I neglected to pack undergarments in my gym bag. as a result, I spent the day in a yellow sweat-soaked sports bra that peeked out from the shoulders of my thin brown linen shirt. I couldn't even put it right back on after my shower because it was heavy with sweat. I held it under the hand-dryer, much the way Madonna dried her armpits in desperately seeking susan, until it was dry enough to wear. classy.

last night Hugsband and I returned to the woodpecker tree, in which 3 different species of woodpeckers make their nests in holes. the pileated babies, the Woody Woodpecker variety, stuck their heads out of their nest hole and watched for their parent(s?) to return with food. they were ridiculously cute with giant red heads. I plan to take Kristin there tomorrow.

Hugsband and I, and perhaps many natives of the greater chicagoland area, pronounce 'hypnotist' in an odd way. hip-MUH-tist. it's embarrassing. almost as bad as pAAAAAAAAAH-nts and snAAAAAAAAH-ck and other vowel-tastic words that friends from outside the midwest like to tease me about. I am shocked when I tell people we're moving to connecticut and they ask if that's where we're from. we sound like the blues brothers, not like connecticutians.

Comments:
CFC will try and tell you that it's not true about hyp-ma-tist, but I ran several studies. it holds up.
 
I did my own study. I guess you were right, however, the subject of my experiment also said valentime's day. so, there you go. Ask your husband he will fill in the details which include free brownies.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?