Saturday, July 30, 2005

I caiin't stan em

we walked downtown last night. at the center is a huge green space with ancient trees and churches. as we cut through the grass, we found an outdoor screening of 'singing in the rain'. many families were watching, and a girl in her early teens danced along as Donald O'Conner sang 'make 'em laugh'. from the green, we walked in a direction I had never been and stumbled upon an entire street of mansions owned by yale. they were beautiful and quite creepy.

Comments:
Donald O'Conner sings "Make 'Em Laugh" TO Gene Kelly, Gene Kelly doesn't actually sing it.

Courtesy of the Borderline Heterosexual Movie Musical Reference Accuracy Center.
 
I am embarrassed to admit, even though I own the DVD, I have trouble remembering who's who when it comes to actors.

I am especially bad with confusing Campbell Scott and Bruce Campbell. It took 10 years of drills for Hugsband to teach me that the guy in Evil Dead is Bruce Campbell, and he would bring an army of darkness to attack me if I confused him with that guy from 'Dying Young'.
 
I was dying to post what Mike posted, but I fought the urge to be that guy.

A couple of years ago I saw Donald O'Connor at ebertfest. He was totally old and frail, but was wearing a canary yellow sport coat and was really funny. A week later he was dead.

Speaking of canary yellow, did you know that Goldfinches feed upside down? http://www.thebackyardbirdstore.com/main/product.asp?productID=342
 
yep, I did know that. when you want to keep other, less flashy finches from eating all of your thistle ("black gold"), you can buy those upside down feeders. they eat right-side-up too.

we saw Robert Wise at the hollywood bowl, but I think he's still alive.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?