Friday, July 22, 2005

I had to attend 3 parties this week. all were work-affiliated, which means they're more business than pleasure. the first was at a beautiful old home in a lovely section of new haven. the limes, served sliced alongside the drinks, were from the owner's lime tree at her place in puerto rico. I lasted about 45 minutes. the other 2 parties were in less spectacular locations, but they were reasonably painless. I stayed about 2 hours at each, which is quite good for me. The next scheduled event, and the most intimidating, is a "sherry hour" thrown by the director of the clinic. I really hope a sherry alternative is on hand.

I can handle the work, but the social obligations may do me in. I feel a little like the spuds mackenzie-modeled slurm worm on futurama who was forced to party against his will.

Comments:
WHIMMIE WAM WAM WAZZLE!
 
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dooced
 
writing about clients= fired
writing about parties= non-fired
 
don't you mean dooced and non-dooced?
 
Forced partying is why I quit being a fundraiser/event planner. I'm an old fart, and no one can make me leave the house at night, dammit.

G
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?