Saturday, August 20, 2005

ah, we're settled

after 2 months at our new place, the seminal event that signals an end to the moving-in period occurred last night. we were recognized by the guy at the indian place. now, he didn't give us free samosas like the guy at shanti would have, but the food is better than shanti (bloomington) and curry palace (l.a.) put together. AND they have northern and southern dishes. AND there really is no they. the owner is the chef and waiter too. when there are only 6 tables, such things are possible.

I don't really have to be at work until wednesday. I have reports to write and small things to do but no appointments. my supervisors and clients are all at the cape or the vineyard or the litchfield hills. they all seem to think that new england=europe, therefore they don't have to do any work in the month of august. to celebrate my surprise vacation, Hugsband and I are going to manhattan for lunch on tuesday.

is the pilot penn tennis tournament on tv? if it is, and if they show shots of a nearby neighborhood, look for a big white house with a pigeon coop in the back. there, that's us. see my new haircut? the aging punk lady did that 2 weeks ago. I like it fine, but I am going to someone else next time. she was depressing.

Ramsey Lewis is playing at a free concert on the town green tonight. if I knew for certain that he would play his my cherie amour cover, I would go. however, there's something about his covers of beatles songs that is very unappealing. I have to calculate the stevie to beatles ratio and see if it's worth attending.

Comments:
there are going to be beatles covers at this free jazz thing? did you forget to tell hugsband that when you were cheerily convincing him it would be a fun night out? beatles, indeed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?