Tuesday, August 23, 2005

the carts

amazingly, I don't think I have yet posted about the carts. what an oversight! my office is next to the yale-new haven hospital. in between the child study center and the hospital is a concrete courtyard, and each day at lunchtime the courtyard is filled with food carts. not nasty carts you'd be afraid to eat at. awesome, interesting carts. on any given day, I can find vietnamese, thai, indian, mexican, chinese ("healthy way, not greasy, not oily" reads their sign), japanese, middle eastern, eritrean, italian, etc. I can find bubble tea, a lovely salad with strawberries and feta, and yummy burritos every day of the week. I haven't seen anything priced over $6, and most veggie selections cost $4. the carts are busy with patients, social workers, psychologists, and people in scrubs with stethoscopes around their necks.

it's one of the best things about my new job.

Comments:
ok, i am packing up and moving to new haven. find me a job, please. oh, and a house. it sounds amazing!
 
I thought the readily-available burritos would get you here. I know you're deprived in London.
 
I'm glad I visited your site today. I've been fretting for weeks about my Home loan refinancing options. My problems are solved!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?