Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hugsband took an unexpected trip to kankakee. Abe and Zoia are in the czech republic. that means that I am on my own in a 3-story house with a lawn and pigeons and Dougie to take care of. (that guy on the 3rd floor is really worthless- he doesn't count.) it's not that the work amounts to much, but the feeling of responsibility for an enormous old house is heavy. it's also very quiet without H's lengthy movie anecdotes and cheerful humming. he packed my lunch earlier this week and gave me ants on a log- celery with peanut butter and raisins. isn't that adorable? if you're in kankakee/chicago and you love Hugsband too, you can call him at his parent's house or on his cell.

I have been giving cognitive assessments to kids with high functioning autism/Asperger syndrome the last couple of weeks. I love it. my favorite moment came when I asked "Timmy," a very bright 20-year old man with autism, why we have child labor laws. Timmy explained that if we didn't have those laws, children would be making crappy products because they haven't developed very good skills yet. it's really a quality control issue.

if you didn't read the comments on my previous post, please make sure to read CFC's comic.

Comments:
i have it on good authority that 'hugsband' doesn't cheerfully hum.
 
sure he does. whenever he's doing something, his actions are accompanied by "doodle-do-do-do-do." usually, it's done in cartoon fashion with the tune of the hum matching his actions.
 
The child labor law response if hilarious. I may have to tell some people at work about that one. Damn meddling kids and their crappy work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?