Sunday, September 25, 2005


I may as well buy the glasses and get the beehive now. this is where my face is headed.

I miss these people. I have been thinking about my grandparents lately, especially my grandmothers. there were never 2 more different women. I remind myself of Gram when I put coffee grounds on the bushes, obsess about wasting electricity, and sweep the porch.

I think of Memaw when I powder my face, have a cocktail, and am drawn to tacky yard ornaments, like fake deer. also when I eat okra or black-eyed peas.

Comments:
They both sounds very cool. I hardly remember my grandmothers - one was scary and lived in England (my dad's mum) and the other lived on a farm in Poland and was sweet.
 
Gram was also very good at pouring Morton salt on the weeds in the cracks of her sidewalk when the weather was nice. I'm glad I'm not the only person who is missing her.

Hope you're feeling better, Rache. Love U.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?