Friday, September 09, 2005

overheard from the mouth of my Hugsband: "well, anyway...happy birthday, Mom. when you get that present, don't throw anything away. there's a rebate I want to send in and I need the UPC."

we were in Hugsband heaven tonight. we went on a bat walk with a park ranger/ naturalist. it was well advertised as a free outing, but we were the only people who showed up. the ranger was very nice, answering our numerous questions. he told us that bats are more closely related to humans than to mice.

I joked with my coworkers that the only way to get Hugsband to go for a walk with me is to make it into some kind of animal search. looking for bats and nighthawks after dark, bird watching in the morning, snake walks in the heat of the day, looking for box turtles in the woods, checking on that cocoon 2 streets over any time, seeing what those naughty wild parrots are up to at dusk- I have a range of tactics.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?