Sunday, September 18, 2005


spider3
Originally uploaded by loftindupuis.
we witnessed some natural drama on the backporch this afternoon. actually, it wasn't that natural. Hugsband caught the fly and put it in the web in order to see the spider in action.

my car window is finally fixed. when I called around to price it, I was told that it would cost over $200. when Abe asked how much I was going to pay for the window (and he asks how much I pay for EVERYTHING), he was outraged and yelled at us. "why you didn't ask me first?!" Abe said that he would take care of it. two days later, he gave me a business card and said, "take it here. they do it for $159." when I dropped off the car the next day, the woman asked if that was my landlord who had come in and demanded lower pricing. when I admitted that it was, she said, "he's quite a character. he was in here arguing all afternoon. I told him there's absolutely no way I can make it any cheaper." I had no idea he would actually go into different shops and haggle about the cost of our window. he's very protective of his tennants.

when I saw Abe today, he asked about whether I like the replacement glass. he told me that he remembers paying $10 for a window. "only $10! that guy was going to come here and fix it and it not take even one hour and it cost $200! do you make $200? you're a doctor and you don't make $200. why that guy can charge $200?"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?