Sunday, November 13, 2005



by Rachel and Hugsband standards, we had a highly unusual dinner tonight. I ate chicken and Hugsband drank wine. we had about 3oz of our respective items (and lots more of the other's respective items), and that's a major accomplishment for us. before tonight, in the last 15 years, I have had 2 bites of chicken. both were accidental. Hugsband drank wine on a flight once, and while dining at tru, he accepted a glass of sancerre with his foie gras. that's it. ever.

in recent weeks, I have been trying, with mixed results, to eat fish. while celebrating our 10th dating anniversary last week, I ordered crab dip in a restaurant. I ate it without problem for a couple of minutes before crunching into a bit of shell. ick! tonight's foray into chicken was a first, and it was moderately successful. I only spit out a couple of bites.

really, we should have our own sitcom. he can be the laid-back, messy guy who eats veal and other hideous things, and I can be that other guy (but a woman).

Comments:
And in that sitcom, I can provide the comic relief, like that 5-yr-old girl on "The Cosby Show," or Stewie on "Family Guy," or something like that.

What the deuce?
 
indeed.
 
It's weird to think about you eating chicken. Are you making the big switch or simply dabbling?
 
I am dabbling just enough that I have a healthy, protein-rich option for emergencies. Maybe once a month?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?