Thursday, November 03, 2005

I am pretty sure I was the only high school kid in bradley, illinois whose dreams regularly contained both Truman Capote and Quentin Crisp. I saw and enjoyed Capote this past weekend, half afraid that my dreamy writer would be forever ruined. PSH's Truman wasn't quite as I had pictured him, but he was complex and interesting and kind of sad.

when we moved to connecticut, we decided not to get cable. we do not get a single channel, even the networks. this was wonderful in the summer. we rode our bikes, went for walks, read books, had conversations. now it really sucks to be tv-less. imagine my excitement, then, when I toured the local gym and found every treadmill equiped with a mini-tv. I spent tuesday night walk/running and totally engrossed in america's next top model. tonight, gasp!!, the o.c. is on. by christmas, I will be fit as a fiddle.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?