Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hugsband is 30 today

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUGSBAND!!!! I bought him 2 books and will take him out for sushi tonight. I am terribly impulsive about giving him gifts. when the books arrived last week, I made him open them right away. now there's no gift for today. I think he's already finished both. he was very disappointed and angry after reading 'the zombie survival guide' (that may not be the exact title). apparently, the author knows little about zombies. Hugsband was especially disconcerted by the assertion that one should not hide in a boat when avoiding the undead because zombies can climb up the anchor and its chain to attack. he screamed, "if they don't have the gross motor skills to climb a fence, how are they going to scale an anchor chain?" he hurled the book at my head and I had to duck out of the way to avoid it. I think the guide was meant to be a humorous work of fiction, rather than the bible Hugsband was looking for.

speaking of which, we got in trouble at a screening of narnia because when they showed Aslan dead on the stone, I whispered, "don't worry. he'll come back as a zombie and then this movie will get good." and we giggled too loudly and it never did get good.

Comments:
You won't be giggling when you are burning in hell.
 
P.S. When can I next expect to see you?
 
in hell. I mean, in kankakee next week. we get in on saturday and will be around all week.
 
Happy Birthday J!!
 
Happy Belated Birthday, Jason!

Ironically...Pete also has a sincere fascination with zombies and I purchased the same book for him in July for his birthday. He had the same reaction and kept debating the author's assertions about zombies running, climbing, etc...After reading that book though he tried to figure out if my apartment was zombie proof and how I could protect myself if they try and invade.

I liked Narnia! I've started to call Linus, Aslan. Aslan the Zombie.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?