Thursday, December 22, 2005

tonight Hugsband went to a personal training session at our gym. it was one of those free-with-membership deals. he really wasn't interested, but I booked sessions for both of us when I was working out last week. when he walked in tonight, he was assigned to a tan, buff lady named Tammy. she was clearly unprepared to deal with a man who lacks gym savvy. during each commercial break of the melrose place rerun I watched on the treadmill, I watched Tammy kick Hugsband's ass. she told him "you have very broad shoulders" and had him curling Popeye-sized barbells. those broad shoulders must have misled her into thinking that Hugsband is actually a strong man. oh no, Tammy. underneath strong-looking Hugsband is a fragile, possibly anemic, definitely pale and squishy underbelly of pure geek.

about half way through their session, I noticed Hugsband walk into the locker room. several minutes later, he sheepishly emerged and returned to Tammy. afterwards, he admitted that he nearly fainted and had to sit on a locker room bench for several minutes to gather the nerve to face Tammy again. on our way out of the gym, I thought I would make a joke of it, so I smiled at Tammy and said "hey! what did you do to my husband?" she looked at me with complete unsmiling seriousness and said "I worked him hard". we barely made it of the building and into the parking lot before we dissolved into giggles.

Comments:
I actually sat on the toilet.
and tammy ACTUALLY said, "no pain, no gain."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?