Sunday, February 26, 2006


in the wee hours of this morning, we returned from a trip to san antonio, austin, and houston. astoundingly, I spent time in san antonio and did not venture anywhere near the alamo. before we left connecticut, I complied a list of hilarious jokes about the basement and bikes and the like. yet, I told not a single one. since I have no picture of me with a tour guide at the alamo, here is a very old shot of me near one of the dinosaurs from the sunrise scene. [insert Pee-Wee laugh here]

we had a nice time on vacation, and I did an impressively good job of not working or thinking about work until we were stuck on a layover at o'hare for 3 hours last night. it's quite frustrating to be an hour from most of my favorite people in the world and not get to see them, but I did write the bulk of a psychological report during the wait. so, I guess it all worked out.

I won't go into detail about the birds we saw on the trip*. suffice to say that a conservative estimate of the number of species we spotted is in the low 90's. nearly a third of those were birds we have never seen before. it was like bird nerd heaven in texas. more important than birds, at least ostensibly, we saw good friends around the state. Joe and Krys seem to be doing well in san antonio, and it was wonderful to spend time with Kristin in houston. in a happy turn of events, we will get to see all of the texas people again this summer when they travel to connecticut or nyc!

* of course I will. if you call me, we can talk for hours. I will read to you from the list.

Comments:
isn't there a much awesome-er pic of these dinosaurs? maybe one that includes somebody special sporting a rad mullet? hook it up!
 
you find it, I'll post it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?