Saturday, April 08, 2006

"it smells the way I feel about birds"

Hugsband is in the berkshires-- another place I had heard of but didn't quite understand until we lived in new england, like nantucket (which, apparently, is not as adult-themed as the limericks suggest). without him here and left to my own devices, I made a fool of myself last night and uttered the above quote. I was joking, of course, but the people I was with already love to tease me about my bird obsession, and they know enough about psychology to make it sound very pathological. last night was still fun, as I met another spy! I say "another" because I count my cousin kristin, a former cia employee (not the culinary institute of america, either), as the first, even though she'll tell you she was an administrative assistant or some crap like that. a group of us had a yummy dinner, and the spy told stories that started with phrases like "I know this guy in djibouti who fasted for 30 days" and "when I observed ramadan in yemen...". after dinner, he ordered a bourbon.

so about that quote, on the way to dinner, Janet asked about the source of the delicious, cinnamony smell in my car, and I told her it came from my bird-shaped air freshener. when she complimented the smell, I commented that it doesn't really smell like birds, but it smells the way I feel about birds.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?