Sunday, May 07, 2006

I just received a rather upsetting comment on my owl post. apparently, I can buy ANY college degree from a man named Harold. the degree takes only 2 weeks. damnit, Harold. what lousy timing you have! my graduation was yesterday. I didn't actually attend, but I still graduated and do not need degrees now. where were you 5 years ago when I started this stupid process, Harold? or, the years of study before that? Harold, where were you when I was in grades 13- 25? you could have saved me years of learning things and writing papers.

this is a busy travel time. we went into NYC yesterday, and I am going to D.C. for a "policy trip" on wednesday. I don't know what I am supposed to do in washington, exactly, but the group I am traveling with will get to meet policy makers, eat in the senate cafeteria and talk with folks from think tanks. at the end of the month, we're heading to a schmantzy hotel in montreal for a conference and then to the pennsylvania wilds for a rustic cabin vacation with Hugsband's family. so, if you're planning a visit to the Hugsband/Wifey hotel, you'd better call ahead.

we purchased bakery items at 3 establishments in the city yesterday: a sticky bun in the morning, gooey cookies in the afternoon, and another cookie (Hugsband) and lemon macaroon (me!) in the evening. add to that a fancy dinner and a yummy picnic lunch by the turtle pond in the park, and you have a recipe for a lovely, albeit fattening, spring day!

Ilona, we forgot to bring the g.c.!! we have plans for another trip soon, though.

Comments:
You declined to mention that Harold's middle name is Lando!??!?!!

With a name like that he probably really can get you a degree in less than two weeks.

Also his last name is 78313716.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?