Thursday, September 07, 2006

I have a pretty good excuse for being MIA for so long. Hugsband and I have spent every spare moment stalking an escaped budgie (parakeet) who has taken up with the house sparrows who frequent our backyard. for 3 weeks we watched him and made lame attempts to capture him in Elmer Fudd-style traps. as the weather became colder, I grew increasingly afraid that we wouldn't get to him before he developed a respiratory infection or was injured. we got him (her?), though. the capture was very dramatic. we were running around outside for over an hour. two neighbors we didn't know joined in to help. finally, Hugsband nabbed him in a bush by draping a kitchen towel over his hand and grabbing him from behind.

in the Chris Clark tradition of giving pets their own last names, we christened him "Max Duncan Duptin".


Comments:
what!?
i thought it was max(ine) tessa loftdups!
also, why didn't you mention that one neighbor is the senile old lady next door who told us that her kids got married and moved out about 13 times?
oh yeah, because that's much more sad than funny...
 
Creatibg an amalgam of your two names is just a desperate way of trying to convince people that you are not crazy when in your own minds you consider yourselves "Mom and Dad."
 
fine, it's just Max Duncan then. as long as it keeps the pet name police off of my back.
 
i can get behind max duncan as first and last name.
also, i am certainly not calling myself this bird's dad yet.
i admit that i will probably do just that in the future but for now, i'm not getting too attached.
especially, since this bird doesn't seem to like people all that much.
maybe when he learns to cuddle and say 'i love you, daddy' i'll change my tune.
 
when I caught my wild Hugsband, I named him after a character in an old western.
 
3 pages of people that think their pets were reincarnated from people or animals that they knew in the past. This stuff maked me crazy.
 
now that filthy liar's name is Maxine Tessa Duncan. he was a woman all along.
 
chris doesn't mind you calling that bird a woman but make sure you stick with the duncan last name...OR ELSE!
woman, indeed.
 
Congrats! I'm sure it's a happy birdie. And I hear tell that if it has the bright colors (yellow, blue) and is prone to chirping, it is indeed a boy bird.

G
 
dull (but pretty!) colors and largely silent. I think he is a she.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?