Saturday, December 16, 2006

no wish for you

Hugsband will be alone on his 31st birthday. it's on wednesday. I am leaving that morning for a job interview in chicago. it's only fair, then, that he get his gift early-- a customized zombie portrait from our good friend Chris. behold!



we had an early bday dinner at a turkish restaurant last night. at some point in the middle of our meal, I pretended to need to use the restroom and went to ask our waitress to bring out a bday surprise dessert. Hugsband's favorite turkish dessert is kadayif, which I don't know how to describe except that it's sweet and kind of crunchy but soggy. once our main course dishes were cleared, the waitress came out with some kadayif with a candle on top. I can be a little impulsive from time to time, like those brats with ADHD, except more charming. when the kadayif was placed on the table, I leaned forward, as if to blow out the candle myself. I realized my mistake just in time. I laughed and explained to Hugsband "I was about to blow it out!" and when I said those words, he scoffed at me and my impulsivity, and his scoffing extinguished the candle. thus crushing all of his birthday dreams of peace on earth and PS3's for all.

Comments:
Wow. Chris did a really nice job with that. I can't wait till you get here. Good luck with the interview, I'm sure you'll do fine, as usual.
 
I'm glad to see it arrived OK. I've probably send thousands of packages and I never felt concerned about them arriving safely, but for some reason, I had a bad feeling about this one. I've been a little nervous all week.
 
sorry! I was going to call you when I got it, and I didn't get around to it. it arrived safely, and JD is ENAMORED with it.
 
i stared at it forever!
i seriously love that thing.
rachel wants me to put it up in "my room" but i think it looks good over our mantle right now!
again, i assert that you (chris) are a genius!
thanks!
 
I may have to commision Chris to do a zombie piece for Pete. Happy Birthday, Jason!
 
dude, you totally should.
 
I'm serious. Chris may have a niche with zombie paintings. Maybe I can get his e-mail address from you as I'm serious about commisioning him for Pete's b-day in July.

P.S. Rachel, I hope your interview went well!
 
you can reach Chris through his etsy profile.
http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=14049
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?