Sunday, January 07, 2007



we had a nice time over the break. my interview seemed to go well. (they bought me a falafel.) we visited with family and friends and picked up some good swag. there was one problem, though, our nieces have become very sassy in our absence. just look at this photographic evidence.





I have been busy since the start of the new year. busy planning my lazer tag birthday party for next weekend. I am totally stoked.

it's been a comedy-filled couple of weeks, with both my eyes and ears the recepients of fine entertainment. we've been listening to John Hodgman in the car. his audiobook is quite entertaining, and I highly recommend it. we both read the Karl Pilkington book, as recommended by Chris, and it was a very fun read. in fact, my riotous laughter was no doubt very disruptive to the other passengers on the flight back from chicago. one more thing-- while the following book is not very funny, I will stick it into this discussion for the sake of not ending up with more paragraphs than are truly necessary: geek love is one of my favorite books ever. not sure why I didn't read it sooner.

we haven't just been whooping it up and reading about circus freaks. we have been doing some serious work as well. last week I started taking calls in the children's emergency department at the hospital. this involves leaving bed in the middle of the night and spending a few hours working at what feels like a set from ER. it's very surreal. my only complaint so far is that taking call interferes with my usual home/food/gym/read/bed routine. I really like my routine. not sure what Hugsband is up to work-wise, but he leaves the house for 7-8 hours each day, leading one to assume that he has some sort of gainful employment.

an early happy birthday to Jake. I can't believe that someone I babysat and held as an infant is a full-fledged adult ( that is, if one can consider a wrestling fanatic an adult- hehe). not sure why I look so uncomfortable/crabby/tired in this pic. I can assure you that the upset look on my face has nothing to do with the company or the amazing restaurant, green zebra in chicago.


Comments:
Holy Cow! You posted something on your blog! I thought you were trapped underneath something. Just kidding...

Sounds like you had a fun media-filled holiday season. My fingers are crossed that you hear back soon from where you interviewed.

In the meantime, have fun at your birthday party! I wish I could be there!!
 
Thanks for finally listening to my begging you to put my photo on your blog. I wish it was as funny as your nieces.

I wish I could be there to celebrate YOUR birthday. Laser tag sounds fun, but I bet Hugsband is better at that than he is at foozball.

I take it the Kermit book wasn't as good as the other books you listed. Eh.

I was about to take offense to your mocking of wrestling, but I just watched a fake Rosie O'Donnell wrestle a fake Trump last night. It was as bad as it sounds. The sad part is I've actually met the guy who played the fake Trump. He's funny.

You probably looked crabby because I was crabby/uncomfy at the Green Zebra, too. Kind of like sympathy pains, or something. But I felt better after I ate. I should have got was Jason ordered.

I miss and love you.
 
Jake- I enjoyed the Kermit book a lot!I just assumed that other people don't share my muppet fixatioin. maybe they do!
 
You never know until you ask.
 
BTW, have a happy birthday.
 
How was your laser tag party?! I had one when I turned 31, and it was one of the most fun birthdays I ever had (adult or childhood). I hope your birthday was great!!

Gina
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?