Monday, April 30, 2007

[insert dirty limmerick here]

we're just back from nantucket. what a nice weekend! we went with the other postdocs, their spouses, a baby, and a dog. the daffodil festival was in full swing, and the gannets put on a good diving show. there were many yellow labs, seals and Kennedy-sounding accents. I have never seen so much old money and pastel pants. You know those chinos that are covered with embroidered martini glasses, turtles, or golf clubs? nantucket is where people actually dress like that.

I am going to miss the other postdocs. one of the hardest things about my education and training is the number of people we've had to say good-bye to. one of the most appealing things about returning to chicago is knowing that we will stay put for a long time to come. our offer on the condo was accepted; we'll be chicagoans by july 7!

Comments:
HOORAY! Send me your address, ASAP. I'm ready to help you guys move in. I got dibs on the many boxes containing Hugsband's massive zombie collection.
 
Congratulations! Chicago welcomes you home.
 
Congratulations!!!!
 
reports of the zombie collection are greatly exaggerated. the whole 'collection' is, like, 4 movies. plus the bible, if you count that. the real collection is in his heart and mind.
 
Normally, I would be all offended and stuff that you would say the Bible is in anyway related to Zombies (the dead will rise to heaven in Revelation, if I recall). But frankly, I'm surprised you even have a Bible.
 
dude, I wasn't talking about revelation. I was talking about someone who makes an appearance several books earlier (and Lazarus too). we have an oxford annotated, fyi.
 
I just realized you meant Jesus. I should have figured that out first. I'm an ass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?