Saturday, April 21, 2007

whew! there's a lot going on these days. I have been burning the midnight oil ("how can you sleep while the beds are burning?") trying to prepare for my licensing exam, writing reports, and coding research data. plus, we just spent a week in chicago looking for a place to live. we fell in love with 3 places but most in love with this one:


it's in a polish neighborhood on the northwest side of the city. we'll probably be making an offer this week, though the thought of taking out such a mammoth loan is terrifying. we saw every nook and cranny of chicy-g on this trip and met up with friends we haven't seen in years (hi, therese!). the culinary highlight of our trip was a 2-hour dessert extravaganza at tru , where Hugsband's buddy is a pastry chef and hooked us up with the v.i.p. treatment, including a kitchen tour!

Comments:
Oh that looks like such a cool place! Keep me posted...well if you blog it I'll check every once in a while. Good luck! -- T
 
Nice way to work the song into the post. The place looks really nice. I would like to go to Tru too, but I have to use my money for other stupid things, like rent.

Can't wait until you get here. Again.
 
How exciting! Congratulations, Rachel! You deserve some rest after everything gets settled. I miss you and can't wait to visit (I promise I will).

Love,

Kristin
 
Hey, that place looks keen!! Are you making an offer on the whole shebang, or one unit? Let us know how it turns out.

G
 
whole shebang? ha!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?