Thursday, May 24, 2007

it's not that I don't want to update. I don't not want to. there are many forces competing for my time these days: housing attorneys (actually, not competing enough and therefore requiring me/Hugsband to stay on them), psychological reports, neuropsych research protocols to score, licensing exam stuff, a garage sale to plan, a fat pack of paperwork from my new employer, selling my car, etc....

we took a break from our mounting stress levels last night and went to the season's first softball practice. I ripped it up last night, by which I mean no egregious errors can be attributed to me. I love the med school softball league. the team names are particularly great (e.g., the cognitive neuroscience "action potentials"). one of my colleagues suggested that we make team t-shirts that read:
[front] CHILD STUDY CENTER-- We don't spank children.
[back] But we'll beat your ass.

I was in DC last week and had a great time. I attended a mark-up session of the senate judiciary committee, and it was a little like a real-life daily show episode. the democratic senators were very funny, often at the expense of Orrin Hatch. the highlight came after Hatch read a particularly lengthy and BORING statement in a low and monotonous voice, and Russ Feingold said to Patrick Leahy, "Mr. Chairman, I would like to object to the passion with which that statement was read." Hatch countered with, "You want passion? I'll give you passion!" and proceed to read another boring statement in the same tired tone. ah, the hijinks! I was surprised to see how rarely the senators actually listen to each other; they spend a lot of time using blackberries, playing grab ass with other members of their party, and asking their aides what they should say next. I'm not in it, but here's a picture of Janet and Tracy trying to figure out how to get around capitol hill.


Comments:
Ooh, I like the t-shirt idea. Very cool.

- C Dub
 
i like the phantom rainbow.
did it follow you around all day?
 
it means Janet and Tracy are proud to be gay together.
 
That isn't a phantom rainbow. It's a rainbow phantom. Ooooh, scary.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?