Monday, March 10, 2008

when I finished running at the ymca today, I went to the gym to watch Hugsband's tae kwan do class. I hadn't seen him yet today and was surprised to see that he had shaved his beard and now sported a cop mustache. he was so impressed with himself that he had trouble keeping a straight face while going through his moves. I love watching Hugsband at TKD. he takes it VERY seriously. the others in the class are very quiet when they work. Hugsband, on the other hand, is downright rowdy. he makes a loud, confident "phish" sound each time he moves to strike. I laughed aloud last week when he forgot his routine and "phish"ed in a tentative, uncertain way. like "phish??"

not much else has been happening. I spin, Hugsband pretends to punch stuff, and we go to work.

other people's lives are interesting, though. we did take a trip to LA at the end of january. it was great to see our old friends. everyone seems happy and successful. our friends Bill and Steven were doing particularly well. they have an amazing house in the hills that always reminds me of the house they go to for the party in 'less than zero.' the pool has colored lights, there's a grotto, and the screening room rivals most movie theaters (plus, the snacks are free!!). the night we were at their home, they were hosting a terrible movie party. the guests bring the worst films they can find and then vote on which one to watch. during the film, everyone yells out comments. it was the most fun I have had in a very long time. Bill & Steven were preparing to host a party in mid-february, and the entire casts of dynasty and heroes agreed to come. I am not sure how that combination came to be. Steven was dying for some Joan Collins/Linda Evans drama, but aren't they awfully old to be throwing each other in the pool. a man can't help but dream, though.

Comments:
You're baaaaaack! Have been checking every couple of days and coming away sad. LA sounds flippin amazing and the Dynasty/Heroes party is my fantasy.
Ilona
 
We should throw an awful movie party one day, Chicago-style. Sounds like a good time right there.

Welcome back to the blogosphere.
 
I can't believe it, we saw you so recently and already he has a now-shaved beard and a cop moustache? The description of his TKD made me laugh out loud, too. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?