Friday, May 23, 2008

I use pandora a lot at work, especially when I am stuck at my desk working on reports. for the most part, it's a great way to hear new music, mixed with some of my old favorites. lately, however, pandora is sending me a lot of crap. it's so bad that I keep thinking of Patton Oswalt's bit about bad tivo. seriously, what is it about Edith Piaf and Andrew Bird that made you think that I wanted to hear stone temple pilots?

Hugsband is still away and seems to be having an amazing time. I occasionally get 1-2 line emails, sent via a satellite phone, that say things like "saw antillean nighthawk. love you." he'll be back tuesday night.

Comments:
Pandora is good in theory. Too bad you are getting so much bad stuff. I would stick w/ Youtube and just play old videos over and over again. You can't be disappointed that way. .
 
Just keep thumbs-downing the crap you don't love and pretty soon you will only hear songs you like. The problem for me is when it starts repeating the same songs like MTV or commercial radio.

My main pandora station is pretty schizophrenic and I get a lot of weird looks when listing to it in the printmaking studio. Like when Oscar Peterson leads into Hank Williams followed by Depeche Mode and The Fucking Champs. One time the Ghetto Boys started up and one older woman put her fingers to her lips and exclaimed "Oh my!" Since then I set of a nice jazz station and a seventies folk-rock station that both seem pretty safe for public consumption.

http://pandora.com/people/oldladyco
 
I always get excited to leave comments here and I don't take the time to proof read. Then I am embarrassed after hitting the publish button.
 
I didn't notice a single grammatical error on my quick read of your post.

I'm gonna listen to your station right now, thoguh.
 
For the record, Hugsband is back and doing well, for those who care.
 
thanks, Jake. also for the record, I have a grant deadline approaching and will be MIA for a couple of weeks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?