Monday, June 16, 2008

it's not actually submitted just yet, but my first big fat research grant proposal is finally out of my hands and trying to make its way to the NIMH. (you know the evil NIMH, where those rats escaped from?) I have written a few piddly grants, but this was the first where the total budget exceeded a million. now I just have to wait FOREVER to see how the proposal was received.

I saw something very wrong on the ashland bus this morning. a woman was curling her eyelashes with a spoon. I can think of two things that I don't want to touch when I am on nasty public transportation: my eyes and eating utensils. and I especially don't want my eyes touching eating utensils.

it actually worked though. by the time she was finished with the spoon, she had worked up a nice curl.

Comments:
It could have been worse. On the way home from eating on Saturday, I saw somebody on the Red Line pleasure himself before getting off...

sorry, wrong term...

How about before departing at Roosevelt. Yep, I saw it. What a night. That's even more wrong than using the spoon.

Million bucks? Whew.
 
oh yuck! I haven't seen that happen for awhile, but I get really furious when I do.
 
I always thought the spoon had to be heated for it to achieve a curl. Maybe she was rubbing it on some fabric to get it hot, or blowing on it?
 
I don't remember exactly, but it seems like she was rubbing it in her hands, which is beyond gross when on public transit.
 
Agreed.
Disturbing in so many ways.
Gotta love the variety of people on public transportation.
Oh wait, no you don't.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?